Tuesday 4 May 2010

Modern technology...

What did we ever do before blogs, Facebook and Twitter? Here's a great email we received from regular Arundell Arms fisher, Mike Haines, who's been skipping school work to go fishing...

Hi folks,

I'm just dropping you a line to let you know that I was lying in bed this morning and had decided that I had too much school work to do and couldn't afford to spend time fishing. No sooner had I decided that and sat up to get out of bed than your Twitter came through about the 10 brownies on the dry fly. Well, that was that... stuff marking english books and up I came!

And, for once, everything went perfectly - my casting was light and accurate - as was my wading. Some way downstream of me I could see a fish taking from the surface, from the ripples he made I could tell he was a fair-sized fish. With cast after cast I slowly made my way downstream - and I watched him all the time taking at exactly the same spot. And then...and then...I made the cast that would cover him and he took. What a feeling!! When I landed him I estimated him to be 9 inches, but I noted the spot on my shirt where his tail came up to - I've just measured it now I'm at home and the fish was 11 inches. I don't know if that counts as a large fish for the Tamar, but I'm pretty sure it's my personal best. I got 9 fish in the first 90 mins or so, then it suddenly went dead. As I was foolish enough to forget my fleece, and the northerly wind was bl**dy freezing, I decided to call it a day after another hour or so and face this mountain of english books. But I just wanted you to know that your using Twitter has given me a great Bank Holiday.

Cheers,

Mike

0 comments: